Charleston, South Carolina
- Peak winds range: Thursday through 6 p.m. peaking until 2 p.m.
- Max wind gusts expected: 75+ mph
- High tide, peak surge times: High tide is at 2 p.m., peak surge will be between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Peak winds range: Thursday 11 a.m. through Friday at 3 a.m., peaking between Thursday at 2 p.m. and midnight
- Max wind gusts expected: 90+ mph
- High tide, peak surge times: Thursday 1:30 p.m., peak surge likely between noon and 4 p.m. on Thursday.
Wilmington, North Carolina
- Peak winds range: Thursday 5 p.m. through Friday 6 a.m., peaking between Thursday at 8 p.m. and 4 a.m. on Friday
- Max wind gusts expected: 110+ mph
- High tide, peak surge times: Thursday 1:15 p.m. and again on Friday around 1 to 2 a.m., peak surge likely between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Thursday
Morehead City, North Carolina
- Peak winds range: Thursday 10 a.m. through Friday 10 a.m., peaking between 1 a.m. and 8 a.m.
- Max wind gusts expected: 110+ mph
- High tide, peak surge times: Thursday at 1:30 p.m. and again on Friday 1 to 2 a.m., peak surge likely between noon and 3 p.m. on Thursday.
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
- Peak winds range: Friday 6 a.m. to 5 p.m., peaking between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Max wind gusts expected: 90 to 100 mph
- High tide, peak surge times: Friday 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., peak surge likely between noon and 4 p.m. on Friday.
At least 115 trees are down in the city, according the the office of Charleston Mayor John Tecklenberg.
There are 85 road closures at the moment in the Charleston area. Twenty-six of them are flood-related.
Nearly 500 National Guard Soldiers have been activated for Hurricane Dorian, North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper says.
Cooper says he activated additional Guard soldiers and extra high-water rescue vehicles in anticipation of the hurricane.
The state has 50 shelters open with 1,000 people already using them.
Forty-five school districts are closed, and five are on early release.
"It is serious, and it can be deadly," Cooper says, urging residents to, "get to safety and stay there."
Aside from the National Guard, there are 23 swift water rescue teams with about 53 boats prepared for Dorian, North Carolina Emergency Management Director Mike Sprayberry announced during a press conference Thursday morning.
There are also seven urban search and rescue teams, nine ambulance strike teams with 45 ambulances, and 16 search and rescue aircrafts and general support aircrafts, Sprayberry said.
At least 80 people have been rescued and evacuated from the Abacos today, a government official told CNN.
Forty-seven were flown from Abaco to the Odyssey Aviation Center outside Nassau Airport, and 40 others are on the way.
Rescue and relief aid helicopters and small planes have been flying to and from the aviation center, according to CNN team in Nassau.
The power is out on Kiawah Island in South Carolina due to Hurricane Dorian, according to a storm update from the town.
The outages are caused by severe weather conditions. Crews are unable to begin restoration efforts as winds remain over 35 mph, the update said.
High tide is expected at 2:15 p.m. ET, which may cause flooding.
Kiawah Island is located 25 miles southwest of Charleston.
Roughly 94,955 customers are without power in Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina as of 9:30 a.m. ET, according to poweroutage.us.
This is down from about 220,000 about an hour ago.
The bulk of the outages remain in South Carolina with 73,849 outages reported.
In Georgia, 14,518 customers are without, according to the website.
North Carolina has 6,588 customers without power.