Friday, April 14, 2017

TheList 4431


The List 4431

To All,

I hope you all have a great Easter Weekend.



This Day In Naval History - May 14

1801 - Tripoli declares war against the United States

1836 - U.S. Exploring Expedition authorized to conduct exploration of Pacific Ocean and South Seas, first major scientific expedition overseas.

LT Charles Wilkes USN, would lead the expedition in surveying South America, Antarctica, Far East, and North Pacific.

1845 - First U.S. warship visits Vietnam. While anchored in Danang for reprovisioning, CAPT John Percival commanding USS Constitution, conducts a show of force against Vietnamese authorities in an effort to obtain the release of a French priest held prisoner by Emperor of Annam at Hue.

1942: USS Roper (DD 147) sinks German submarine U 85 off the Virginia Capes. Before being sunk by Roper, U 85 sank three Allied merchant vessels.

1975 - Marines recapture Mayaguez, go ashore on Koh Tang Island and release the crew.

1865   President Lincoln is shot »

. 1912   RMS Titanic hits iceberg »

1918    U.S. fliers in first dogfight over western front »

This Day In Naval History - April 15

1885 - Naval forces land at Panama to protect American interests during revolution

1912: The scout cruisers USS Chester (CL 1) and USS Salem (CL 3) sail from Massachusetts to assist RMS Titanic survivors, and escort RMS Carpathia, which carried the survivors of the Titanic, to New York.

1918 - First Marine Aviation Force formed at Marine Flying Field, Miami, FL

1961 - Launching of first nuclear-powered frigate, USS Bainbridge, at Quincy, MA

1962 - USS Princeton brought first Marine helicopters to Vietnam. This was first Marine advisory unit to arrive in South Vietnam.

1986 - Operation Eldorado Canyon, Navy aircraft from USS America (CV-66) and USS Coral Sea (CV-43) attack Libya in conjunction with USAF aircraft after Libya linked to terrorist bombing of West Berlin discotheque which killed 1 American and injured 78 people.

This Day In Naval History - April 16

1863 - Union gunboats pass Confederate batteries at Vicksburg

1924 - Navy commences relief operations in Mississippi Valley floods, lasting until 16 June

1947 - Act of Congress gives Navy Nurse Corps members commissioned rank

1959 - Helicopters from USS Edisto begin rescue operations in Montevideo, Uruguay. By 26 April they had carried 277 flood victims to safety.

Thanks to  Barrett

April 6 & 16 '45: the height of the kamikaze campaign off Okinawa. 

On the 6th the Japanese launched their largest Kikusui attack, sinking 6 US ships with 275 suiciders splashed by navy and marine carrier-based fighters.

On the 16th the kamikazes sank 2 more ships, losing another 163 to tailhook aviators.

April 14

The Earl of Warwick, who fought on both sides in the War of the Roses, is killed at the Battle of Barnet with the defeat of the Lancastrians.

Bartolome Ferrelo returns to Spain after discovering a large bay in the New World (San Francisco).


The first abolitionist society in United States is organized in Philadelphia.

A royalist rebellion in Santo Domingo is crushed by French republican troops.

The first edition of Noah Webster's dictionary is published.

The first Pony Express rider arrives in San Francisco with mail originating in St. Joseph, Missouri.

President Abraham Lincoln is assassinated in Ford's Theater by John Wilkes Booth.

Thomas Edison's kinetoscope is shown to the public for the first time.

The World Exposition opens in Paris.

The passenger liner Titanic--deemed unsinkable--strikes an iceberg on her maiden voyage and begins to sink. The ship will go under the next day with a loss of 1,500 lives.

King Alfonso XIII of Spain is overthrown.

American B-29 bombers damage the Imperial Palace during firebombing raid over Tokyo.

The Viet Minh invade Laos with 40,00 troops in their war against French colonial forces.

The Taft Memorial Bell Tower is dedicated in Washington, D.C.


The first live broadcast is televised from the Soviet Union.

The first major league baseball game in Montreal, Canada is played.

America's first space shuttle, Columbia, returns to Earth.


An Easter version of Monday Morning Humor thanks to Al

The making of these Easter cookies are a really great "hands-on" way of helping the children in your lives, to understand what Easter is all about.  It is recommended that they be made Saturday night before Easter.  You will need::

1c. whole pecans
1 tsp. vinegar
3 egg whites
A pinch of salt
1c. sugar
Zipper baggie
Wooden spoon

Preheat oven to 300 (This is important--don't wait till you're half done with the recipe).

Place pecans in zipper baggie and let children beat them with the wooden spoon to break into small pieces. Explain that after Jesus was arrested,  He was beaten by the Roman soldiers. Read John 19:1-3.

Let each child smell the vinegar. Put 1 tsp. vinegar into mixing bowl.  Explain that when Jesus was thirsty on the cross, he was given vinegar to drink. Read John 19:28-30.

Add egg whites to vinegar. Eggs represent life.  Explain that Jesus gave His life to give us life. Read John 10:10-11.

Sprinkle a little salt into each child's hand.  Let them taste it and brush the rest into the bowl.  Explain that this represents the salty tears shed by Jesus' followers, and the bitterness of our own sin. Read Luke 23:27.

So far, the ingredients are not very appetizing. Add 1c. sugar.  Explain that the sweetest part of the story is that Jesus died because He loves us.  He wants us to know and belong to Him.  Read Ps. 34:8 and John 3:16.

Beat with a mixer on high speed for 12 to 15 minutes until stiff peaks are formed.  Explain that the color white represents the purity in God's eyes of those whose sins have been cleansed by Jesus.  Read Isa. 1:18 and John 3:1-3.

Fold in broken nuts Drop by teaspoons onto wax paper covered cookie sheet. Explain that each mound represents the rocky tomb where Jesus' body was laid. Read Matt. 27:57-60.

Put the cookie sheet in the oven, close the door and turn the oven off.  Give each child a piece of tape and seal the oven door.  Explain that Jesus' tomb was sealed.  Read Matt. 27:65-66.

GO TO BED! Explain that they may feel sad to leave the cookies in the oven overnight.  Jesus' followers were in despair when the tomb was sealed. Read John 16:20 and 22.

On Easter morning, open the oven and give everyone a cookie.  Notice the cracked surface and take a bite. The cookies are hollow!

On the first Easter, Jesus' followers were amazed to find the tomb open and empty. Read Matt. 28:1-9

And now for some humor....

Submitted by Alan Krause Jr:

     It was that time, during the Sunday morning service, for the children's sermon.  All the children were invited to come forward.
     One little girl was wearing a particularly pretty dress and, as she sat down, the pastor leaned over and said, "That is a very pretty dress.  Is it your Easter Dress?"
     The little girl replied, directly into the pastor's clip-on microphone, "Yes, and my Mom says it's a 'bitch' to iron."

     A friend was in front of me coming out of church one day, and the preacher was standing at the door as he always is to shake hands. He grabbed my friend by the hand and pulled him aside. 
     Pastor said, "You need to join the Army of the Lord!"
     My friend said, "I'm already in the Army of the Lord, Pastor."
     Pastor questioned, "How come I don't see you except at Christmas and Easter?"
     He whispered back, "I'm in the secret service."

     One Easter Sunday morning as the minister was preaching the children's sermon; he reached into his bag of props and pulled out an egg. He pointed at the egg and asked the children, "What's in here?"
     "I know" a little boy exclaimed..."Pantyhose!"

Submitted by Adela Pizano:

     A man was blissfully driving along the highway, when he saw the Easter Bunny hopping across the middle of the road. He swerved to avoid hitting the bunny, but unfortunately the rabbit jumped in front of his car and was hit. The basket of eggs went flying all over the place.
     The driver, being a sensitive man as well as an animal lover, pulled over to the side of the road, and got out to see what had become of the bunny carrying the basket. Much to his dismay, the colorful bunny was dead. The driver felt guilty and began to cry.
     A woman driving down the same highway saw the man crying on the side of the road and pulled over. She stepped out of her car and asked the man what was wrong. "I feel terrible," he explained, "I accidentally hit the Easter Bunny and killed it. There may not be an Easter because of me. What should I do?"
     The woman told the man not to worry. She knew exactly what to do. She went to her car trunk, and pulled out a spray can. She walked over to the limp, dead bunny, and sprayed the entire contents of the can onto the furry animal.
     Miraculously the Easter Bunny came back to life, jumped up, picked up the spilled eggs and candy, waved its paw at the two human and hopped on down the road. 50 yards away the Easter Bunny stopped, turned around, waved and hopped on down the road another 50 yards, turned, waved, hopped another 50 yards and waved again!
     The man was astonished. He said to the woman, "What in heaven's name is in your spray can? What was it that you sprayed on the Easter Bunny?"
     The woman turned the can around so the man could read the label. It said "Hair spray. Restores life to dead hair. Adds permanent wave."

Submitted by Jerry Roseland:

     You might be a redneck if…last year you hid Easter eggs under cow pies.

Submitted by Rob Hansen:

     "Equal" is not always synonymous with "the same."  Men and women are created equal.  But, boys and girls are not born the same.
     You dress your little girl in her Easter Sunday best, and she'll look just as pretty when you finally make it to church an hour later.
     You dress a boy in his Easter Sunday best, and he'll somehow find every mud puddle from your home to the church, even if you're driving there.

The Night Before Easter…

'Twas the night before Easter. All was calm and laid back.
Fred, the mouse in the kitchen, snarfed down a late snack.
The eggs were all dyed but still drippy and sticky...
To be honest, they looked just a little bit icky.

There were big jelly beans, chocolate bunnies and such,
And as Fred stuffed his face, he sighed, "This is too much!"
Phil and Rose were in bed watching late night TV,
While munching saltines with low-sodium Brie.

Then a sudden commotion rang out in the night.
It shook Phil and Rose, really gave them a fright.
Phil's hair stood on end, and his eyes bugged out big...
Rose whipped off the covers and knocked off her wig.

They lunged to the window, yanked open the blinds...
What they saw was amazing; it boggled their minds:
Across the night sky, with a noise like the dickens,
Soared a minivan drawn by eight overgrown chickens!

At the wheel sat a bunny -- cute, fuzzy and fat --
In designer blue jeans and a Panama hat.
Like a speeding space shuttle, those chickens they flew,
As the van driver called to each hen in his crew:

"Now, Ashley! Now, Sheila! Now, Kelsey and Bo!
On Bethany, Liza! On Daphne, on Flo!"
The van made its landing lickety-split ...
Nearly wiped out the shrubs and the barbecue pit!

Then up on the roof, much to Phil's consternation,
They squawked of egg prices and space navigation.
They made so much noise that Phil started to stammer,
"If you guys don't shut up, we'll get thrown in the slammer!"

Fuzzy hopped down the chimney, amidst all this racket,
And emerged from the fireplace, adjusting his jacket.
This bunny was chic, he had class, he had flair ..
Not your average bozo, not your typical hare.

His ears were enormous; his huge overbite
Was right under a nose like a pink neon light.
His manner was smooth, he was hip, he was cool;
This floppy-eared bunny was no fuzzy fool.

"While I'm here," he smiled, "Everybody relaxes ...
I'm not selling storm windows, won't audit your taxes.
I'm just here to bring you some fun and delight.
Eat, drink, and be merry! Let's party tonight!"

So they sipped diet soda and swapped silly jokes,
Those birds and their bunny just being plain folks.
Then flop-ears said, "Hey, friends, we've had quite a ball,
But my chickens and I are now due in St. Paul!"

He crossed both his eyes. Then he wiggled one ear,
And he yelled to his chicken team, "We're outta here!"
As the minivan rose in the 3 a.m. sky,
He called out, "Later, Phil! And to you, Rose, good-bye!"

As he sped out of sight, his two friends heard him say,
"Happy Easter to all! Have a beautiful day!"

What I Learned From The Easter Bunny…

All work and no play can make you a basket case.

Walk softly and carry a big carrot.

The best things in life are still sweet and gooey!

Everyone is entitled to a bad hare day.

Keep your paws off other people's jellybeans.

Everyone needs a friend who is all ears.

To show your true colors you have to come out of your shell.

There's no such thing as too much candy.

Top Reasons to Celebrate Easter Sunday:

You absolutely loved the movie, "The Ten Commandments".

You look really, really good in yellow.

It's a good time to check out your neighborhood church and not be noticed.

You have this bunny suit you love to wear, but are too insecure to wear it without a reason.

Even though you don't know what it is, you really like the sound of hearing the "Passion story."

You figured since Jesus went to all THAT trouble to make it to the first Easter, you'd give it a shot.

As a Christian you celebrate the resurrection every other day, why not Easter too?

I hope you all enjoy the real meaning of Easter,


Thanks to Dutch and others

Many have sent clips of press releases about the MOAB –

Two things

 We had a very high-explosive parachute delivered 'bomb' in Vietnam – used many time to clear jungle etc to make a helo LZ

MOAB is dropped from a modified C-130 aircraft – a four-engine turboprop that is basically undefended and not very fast = vulnerable to anti-air defenses -

In other words, President Trump just carved a new Mt Rushmore for Afghanistan, with just one bomb!


U.S. drops 'mother of all bombs' on Islamic State in Afghanistan

Reuters/U.S. Air Force photo/Handout/File photo

The GBU-43/B is launched from a MC-130E Combat Talon I at Eglain Air Force Base in Florida on November 21, 2003.

Reuters/U.S. Air Force photo/Handout/File photo

The United States dropped a massive GBU-43 bomb, the largest non-nuclear bomb it has ever used in combat, in eastern Afghanistan on Thursday against a series of caves used by Islamic State militants, the military said.

It was the first time the United States has used this size of bomb in a conflict. It was dropped from a MC-130 aircraft in the Achin district of Nangarhar province, close to the border with Pakistan, Pentagon spokesman Adam Stump said.

Also known as the "mother of all bombs," the GBU-43 is a 21,600 pound (9,797 kg) GPS-guided munition and was first tested in March 2003, just days before the start of the Iraq war.

General John Nicholson, the head of U.S. and international forces in Afghanistan, said the bomb was used against caves and bunkers housing fighters of the Islamic State in Afghanistan, also known as ISIS-K.

"This s the right munition to reduce these obstacles and maintain the momentum of our offensive against ISIS-K," Nicholson said in a statement.

It was not immediately clear how much damage the bomb did.

(Reporting by Idrees Ali; Editing by Alistair Bell)

Sent from Tamara's iUniverse



A magazine of American Culture

Hollywood's Lone Ace

Roger McGrath - MARCH 03, 2016

Hollywood's Lone Ace Roger McGrath - MARCH 03, 2016He is virtually unknown to Americans today, though he appeared in 65 movies and was the only actor to become an ace during World War II. Born in Los Angeles in 1914 to Nebraskan Bert DeWayne Morris and Texan Anna Fitzgerald, he would be christened with his father's name but go by Wayne Morris.

While attending Los Angeles City College, he began acting at the Pasadena Playhouse. Handsome, blond, blue-eyed, and 6'2", he was a striking figure. Succeeding wonderfully in a Warner Bros. screen test, he signed a contract with the studio and debuted in the role of the navigator for the trans-Pacific flight in China Clipper (1936).

Warner Bros. kept Morris busy with bit parts in six more movies during 1936-37 before he was cast in the principal supporting role in the western Land Beyond the Law (1937). Then came his title role in Kid Galahad (1937). Teamed with studio heavyweights Edward G. Robinson, Bette Davis, and Humphrey Bogart, Morris played an innocent and naive young boxer to perfection. The movie was both a critical and a box-office success. Morris appeared in a dozen more films, usually as the lead, before being cast as a pilot in Flight Angels (1940). His role would have significance far beyond whatever he could have imagined at the time.

To prepare for the role he began taking flying lessons. He was immediately hooked. By 1941 he was an accomplished and licensed pilot. With Japanese aggression increasing, he joined a Naval Reserve unit and earned a commission as an ensign.

None of this slowed his production at Warner Bros. He appeared in seven more movies following Flight Angels in 1940- 41, including I Wanted Wings, in which he played an Army Air Corps pilot. Activated following the Japanese sneak attack on Pearl Harbor, Morris was ordered to flight school. Before 1942 was out he had his wings of gold.

He desperately wanted to fly fighters in the Pacific, but the Navy thought it could best use him as an instructor at home where he could, as a prominent actor, also make p.r. appearances. Moreover, the Navy considered him too big to cram himself into the cockpit of a Grumman F4F Wildcat. Morris was not pleased when he was ordered to a Navy airfield at Hutchinson, Kansas, as a primary flight instructor. He began his assignment with resignation rather than enthusiasm.

But the plot was about to thicken. Morris was married to Patricia O'Rourke, a beautiful young actress. Her mother had a younger brother, Lt. Cmdr. David McCampbell, one of the Navy's most accomplished aviators. One day, McCampbell happened to fly into Hutchinson on a cross-country trip. Morris prevailed upon Uncle Dave to get him into the fight in the Pacific.

"Give me a letter," said McCampbell. McCampbell was able to push Morris's letter of request through the chain of command and get Morris transferred. However, Morris now found himself training in the PBY-the Navy still thought Morris too big for fighters-in Jacksonville, Florida. He reckoned that he would be flying reconnaissance and rescue missions in the Pacific. But Uncle Dave had been tasked with forming a fighter squadron and told Morris to give him another letter of request.

McCampbell later said that he only picked men for his squadron who had a burning desire to fly fighters in combat. His squadron would be flying the new Grumman F6F Hellcat, which was a far superior fighter in every way to the Wildcat but didn't have any more cockpit room-and pilots still had to sit on top of their parachute packs. It would be a very tight fit for Morris.

By September 1943 McCampbell had organized Fighter Squadron 15, which he would train intensely for the next several months. VF-15 was assigned to the carrier Hornet in January 1944, and training continued. Late in February, Hornet left Norfolk, Virginia, and sailed for Pearl Harbor. The training continued en route. However, once in Hawaii, not only VF-15 but all of Air Group 15 was detached from Hornet and stationed on Maui for still more training.

By the end of April when Morris and the other pilots were beginning to think they might spend the rest of the war training, Air Group 15 was assigned to Essex, which was bound for Majuro Lagoon in the Marshall Islands. Recently wrested from the Japanese, the Marshalls were being used by the Navy as a staging area for the invasion of the Marianas.Essex arrived early in May but was soon off for raids on Japanese-held Marcus and Wake islands. With the invasion of the Marianas a month away this would give the young pilots of Air Group 15 a taste of the real thing: no aerial opposition, but intense anti-aircraft fire.

Several American planes were lost and nearly all, including Morris's, suffered damage. McCampbell's boys began hitting Saipan on June 11. Their primary targets were the seaplane base in Tanapag harbor, ships in the harbor, and military installations at Marpi Point. Now they were encountering several types of Japanese airplanes, including the famous Zeros. Near Garapan, the Hellcat pilots knocked three Zeros out of the sky.

On a second run later in the day McCampbell himself shot down a Zero. In his after-action report, McCampbell noted that the Hellcat could stay with the Zero in turns and when climbing, something the Wildcat had been unable to do. The Zero was the Japanese Navy's Mitsubishi A6M5, called "Zeke" in U.S. Navy identification code.

Wayne Morris was in a group of Hellcats that destroyed several seaplane ramps and nearly a dozen seaplanes, either in water or on Marpi Point. Then Morris sighted a "Mavis"-the code for the Kawanishi flying boat-that had gotten airborne. A large, four-engine seaplane with a crew of nine, the Mavis was armed with four .30-caliber machine guns and one 20mm cannon. The Japanese normally used the plane for long-range reconnaissance, but it could also be loaded with more than 2,000 pounds of bombs. Morris dove on the big bird and opened up with his Hellcat's six .50-caliber Browning machine guns. The Mavis rocked and rolled, and plummeted into the ocean. Lieutenant Morris had his first aerial victory.

Morris got his first Zero a week later in the Great Marianas Turkey Shoot, the name Navy aviators gave to the airborne phase of the Battle of the Philippine Sea. He and others of VF-15 were flying cover for torpedo planes and dive bombers of Air Group 15 when four Zeros dropped out of clouds and began a run on the bombers. Morris took on the lead Zero. The Hellcat and the Zero each banked and dove and rolled, but it was Morris's rounds that took effect. The Zero began smoking, nosed over, and plunged straight down thousands of feet to the water below.

On te way back to Essex, Morris spotted a Zero flying just above the surface of the sea. Reckoning he could bag his second Zero of the day, Morris dove on the Japanese fighter. Much to his surprise, the enemy pilot had seen him coming and maneuvered out of harm's way. Morris made another pass with the same results. Three other Hellcats joined in the hunt-but no luck for them, either, as the Japanese pilot dazzled them with his aerobatics. "He went through every stunt in the books (and some not in) and, as far as I know, escaped unharmed," wrote Lt. Cmdr. Jim Rigg in his after-action report. Morris and the other three aviators from Fighting Fifteen had probably encountered one of the old pros of the Japanese air wing, a pilot who had been in action since the invasion of China in 1937.

Something less speculative was also revealed-the Zero could outmaneuver the Hellcat at low altitude. While the Hellcat was a far more powerful plane, it was also far heavier than the Zero. In the thin air of 20,000 feet this wasn't much of a disadvantage, but in the dense air of low altitudes the weight of the Hellcat, despite its superior horsepower, made it less maneuverable.

For the next two months VF-15 hit targets not only on Saipan but on Guam and Tinian. Most of the time the Hellcats were used to bomb and strafe. Their enemy was anti-aircraft fire. After the Turkey Shoot, the skies had been nearly cleared of Japanese planes, so more aerial victories would have to wait.

In September, Essex and other American carriers began launching strikes against the Palau Islands, especially Peleliu. McCampbell led the first sweep. Neither he nor any of his pilots were able to add to their kill totals because they caught the Japanese planes on the ground. They destroyed dozens of them, but under Navy and Marine Corps regulations only planes destroyed in the air counted as kills. After several days of pounding the Palaus, Essex and other carriers were ordered to sail west to the Philippines and strike at Mindanao airfields.

On the first sweep, Morris and two other VF-15 pilots spotted a Japanese patrol plane and blew it out of the sky. Several days later over Negros Island, Morris shot down his second Zero. Later the same day, he and Ens. Ken Flinn jumped a "Nate," the code for the Nakajima Ki-27 fighter-the Japanese Army's equivalent to the Navy's Zero. Morris's first burst caused the Nate to begin smoking. Flinn followed with a burst that caused the already badly damaged fighter to erupt in flames and roll into a spiral dive that ended in the ocean. Minutes later Morris and Flinn went after a Zero that was on the tail of a Hellcat. Morris fired, and the Zero exploded in a ball of flame.

A minute later, Morris found himself flying directly into an oncoming Nate. He hit the Nate with a single burst before banking steeply. In the meantime, Flinn circled in behind the Nate and finished off the already crippled fighter. During the rest of September, Morris got no more aerial victories but, together with his wingman and other pilots, was credited with putting a Japanese submarine out of action and sinking two freighters and several patrol boats.

Then, in October, in a strike at Okinawa, Morris dove on a "Tony" and sent it spiraling into the sea. The Tony was Japan's most modern fighter, the Kawasaki Ki-61, which featured an inline, liquid-cooled engine that had been copied from the Daimler-Benz engine that powered the German Me109. Morris now not only had the big three of Japanese fighters but was an ace.

Later in October came the epic, four-part Battle for Leyte Gulf, and McCampbell and his boys were active in the air over the Sibuyan Sea. Morris got one Zero easily while making a high pass. His second kill of the day proved far more difficult. He fired at two oncoming Zeros, but his rounds either missed or had no effect. He banked steeply to come around and try again, but found the Zeros turning with him. He didn't think much of his chances in tight turns against two Zeros and ducked into a cloud. Instead of going through the cloud and emerging on its other side, he circled inside the cloud and came out where he had entered. Just as he had hoped, he found the Japanese waiting for him on the cloud's other side. He got behind them and shot one down, sending the other scurrying for home.

Morris was in no condition to pursue-his Hellcat was riddled with bullets, the engine was coughing, and hydraulic fluid was running into the cockpit.

For another month Morris and his fellow fighter pilots in VF-15 continued to pound enemy targets in the Philippines, but now it was mostly ships and land installations. By and large, Japanese planes had been driven from the skies. By the end of November, Air Group 15 had completed its tour, and Morris and the rest transferred to Bunker Hill, which was headed to Pearl Harbor.

Morris's war was over. He returned home with the Distinguished Flying Cross (four awards) and the Air Medal (two awards), among other decorations. It had not been easy. Three of the Hellcats he flew had been so damaged by Japanese fire, either from the ground or air, that they were stripped of their serviceable parts and pushed overboard. Yet Morris said it was not the Japanese he feared the most, but his own shipmates. "Every time they showed a picture aboard Essex, I was scared to death it would be one of mine. That's something I could never have lived down."

Morris returned to Hollywood and appeared in another three-dozen movies, usually as the lead in B westerns. In 1959, he was visiting his old commander and uncle-in-law, Dave McCampbell, now a captain and skipper of Bon Homme Richard. While watching the carrier's pilots put on an aerial display, Morris collapsed and died of a heart attack. Hollywood's lone ace was 45.

Via Bob Souders

8 April 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment